About

Feeling at home in many different markets

C. Mackprang jr. GmbH & Co. KG is a traditional trading company based in Hamburg, trading in grains, animal feeds, feed additives and liquid feeds for dairy cattle.

1878

Founding of the grain trading company in Flensburg with shops in the German and Danish Baltic Sea region. Branches opened in Hamburg and Copenhagen.

1921

Founding of the grain trading company in Flensburg with shops in the German and Danish Baltic Sea region. Branches opened in Hamburg and Copenhagen.

1935

Kauf eines Kraftfutterwerkes und Errichtung des ersten Silos im Purchase of an animal feed mill and construction of the first silo in the Port of Hamburg. Subsidiaries opened in Switzerland, the Netherlands, Argentina, Yugoslavia and Romania. As a result of World War II, the company lost most of its overseas branches, and the silo plants as well as the animal feed mill suffered significant damage.

1945

Business activities pertaining to bread and feed grain as well as animal feed were resumed in Germany and Europe.

2012

Outside the framework of the corporate group C. Mackprang Holding GmbH, C. Mackprang jr. GmbH & Co. KG is managed by the family.

2015

Sale of the business to the KTG Group.

2016

August saw the opening of a branch in Děčín in the Czech Republic. In November, the Bohnhorst Group became the majority shareholder of C. Mackprang jr.

2017

In addition to the majority shareholder Bohnhorst from Steimbke in the Netherlands, the traditional trader August Töpfer from Hamburg also became a shareholder.

Back to top